Tom is a Denver native and long time resident of Northwest Denver and the owner of Vitruvian Fitness™.
For many years, Tom’s exercise was playing outdoors. He has dabbled mildly in bike racing and completed his first triathlon in June 2014. By allocating some of his playtime to functional strength training, he learned first hand how a purposeful training program made every aspect of his life better. His training has made him a much better bicyclist, golfer, skier, active father, grocery carrier and household laborer.
Tom has trained thousands of clients including new moms and more experienced moms, dads of all shapes and size, amateur and collegiate athletes, sales people, doctors, nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, lawyers, professors, cowgirls, pilots, engineers, fire fighters, real estate agents, high-ranking government officials, retirees, students, teachers, CEOs, middle managers, chefs, architects, has-beens, coulda-beens, will-bes and still-ares.
Tom is Austin and Vaughn’s dad.
Tom has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado at Denver in French Literature and holds the following certifications or expertise:
- Original Strength Level 1 Coach
- Certified Functional Strength Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer – ACSM and NASM
- Corrective Exercise Specialist – NASM
- Functional Movement Screen Certified plus Level 2 Coursework
- TRX Level 2 Certified Trainer
- TRX Sports Medicine Exercise Specialist
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified